Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18th

One month anniversary for being in Alaska!

Completed week two at my government post. Trying to finish a project that has been in the works since 1983. Get to take my first work trip a week from tomorrow...to a small town called Naknek, on the coast of the Bearing Sea (it's where they film "The Deadliest Catch").
Have my first government funded educational class this Friday too. I don't know what it is, I just volunteered to go so I could get out of the office.
Still waiting to get paid! I don't know why it takes so long...but we may get a paycheck sometime next month. The good news is I have my first paid day off tomorrow...it's Alaska Day! It commemorates the official transfer of Alaska from Russia...lucky me. I will probably end up working on spreadsheets anyway.

Marcie was scheduled to have an interview this week but one of the people didn't show... it got pushed until the 5th. Sounds like she can submit for substituting jobs right away though, so she is going that route first. Marcie says that she loves me and that I am so lucky to have her.

The boys are doing what they do...no new activities. They made Halloween cookies with Marcie and then played with some friends at the school the rest of the day on Friday (they had the day off for inservice day). I made them pick up leaves in the yard yesterday. They had a good time with that even though it dangerously resembled work.

Nothing real exciting last week and looking at just a typical week coming up. Temperature at the moment is 27 degrees and very sunny. The sun doesn't come up until 9:00 by the way...that's tough on the internal clock, but from my work window, I get to see the sunrise every day, when it's not cloudy or foggy. I suspect we will be around 45 or 50 today. There is no snow anywhere around us...the snow that was on the mountains earlier this month is all gone but we are expecting new fluff any day now.

We put studs on Marcie's car this week.
Saw two moose.
Tav saw two bald eagles.
Discovered the hot tub is broken...ice damage. Ice damage in a hot tub?

Hopefully we will have a more exciting week so this will be a little less dry...I'm really reaching for things to mention.

0 comments: